Website Pacific Primary
Since 1974, Pacific Primary’s philosophy has included a wholesome and nutritious meal as a regular part of children’s routine and early development.
Our school has two sites across the street from each other. Each school has its own kitchen and chef who supports between 75-80 children and 25 staff members in preparing a wholesome lunch and snack Monday through Friday. The hours for our chef substitute are from 8:00am to 2:30pm.
• Working in a small, fast-paced kitchen that requires good time management skills, organization skills, and knowledge of food proportions.
• Cleaning dishes and kitchen daily.
• Working with teachers to monitor children with allergies and ensure that they are not exposed to allergens.
• Taking and maintaining inventory of food and food service supplies, and weekly ordering if subbing for longer than a one-week period.
• Working as a team member with a diverse group of staff and families.
• Lifting heavy loads (60+ pounds) and pulling a wagon loaded down with heavy cases of food across the street from one school to the other. This is only on Monday’s when orders come in.
• Meeting a basic timeline for food service and cleanup.
• Keeping kitchen clean and organized.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• LiveScan Fingerprint Clearance required by CA State Licensing required for working in a school.
• NSF Food Safety Certification (or NRA) in Food Manager (preferred).
• At least two (2) years experience cooking in the food service industry.
• Strong communication and time management skills.
To apply, please email us your resume, transcripts, and 2 professional references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com